CONTACT US +549 351 303 8046 - TOLL FREE:
+1 877 POINT22 (+1 877 7646822)
YOU SHOULD BE THE NEXT ONE!
San Huberto Lodge is a paradise for Wingshooting lovers. It is the most beautiful and charming Estancia you'll find; located at a 50 minutes drive from Cordoba Airport, just by Totoral City on national road number 9, right on the heart of the largest dove roosts in Cordoba.
With an impressive entrance crossing a rushing stream that runs down from the Sierras to find the elegant Estancia in its charming, natural setting. The gallery of this Estancia provides guests with a stunning view of the Sierras and the garden. It's the perfect spot to enjoy a cocktail with friends while sharing stories after a magnificent hunting day.
Species: Eared Dove
Season: All year round.
Our Lodges are primarily Argentine Estancias built by the Cattle Barons of the Early 20th Century. They were built with luxury and relaxation as the main goal.
After an exciting day in the field, you will be met by our staff and treated as if you were the Cattle Baron of yesteryear. Cold drinks, hors d’oeuvres, and a relaxing fire allow you to unwind from the glorious day afield and once you are thoroughly relaxed you will be called to the table and served a meal prepared by some of the finest chefs in Argentina.
Many of our clients say that the hunting and fishing bring them to Argentina but that our lodges and staff bring them back to Pointer Outfitters.
The main house offers are the following facilities:
- Accommodation up to 8 pax
- 4 double rooms
- Each one with private bathrooms
- Living room with a fireplace in the lounge
- Delicatessen Cuisine
- Variety of wines
- A complete private open-bar and the most exclusive alcohol brands for sale as an option
- Massage service
- Maid and laundry service
ABOUT THE LODGE
The moment you enter this amazing lodge you'll find a traditional Estancia with a relaxing natural stream to set the mood for a spectacular stay in Argentina. It combines tradition and modern style in a perfect union but still harmonizing with the beautiful setting.
The house, which has 4 spacious bedrooms and a capacity for 8 people, has a cozy feel to it and an atmosphere to help put your feet up and unwind after a fun day of shooting.
Quiet, comfortable, and cozy!
As you can appreciate in the pictures below, we have designed each and every room in the Lodge to be an individual expression of design, while maintaining a traditional Argentine style.
Enjoy our gourmet and traditional cuisine every night after your hunt; our professional chef will delight you with amazing Argentinean and international dishes. We will have special appetizers available as well as drinks before dinner. You have to experience our special goat or lamb “a la cruz”; which is a local specialty and uniquely prepared. Normally it takes more than three hours on the fire to get it tender and phenomenally tasty!
In the North of Córdoba, we will shoot in the hills 70% of the time. This is a dry area with rocks and rolling hills. It is packed with waist-high thorny bushes that make the terrain tough, but not impossible, to maneuver through. The remaining 30% of the time we shoot in the flatlands. The terrain in the flatlands consists of farm fields with crops or low cut grass.
Birds normally leave the roosting area during the first light of the day. They fly forty to sixty miles on average for food.
At our daily location, we will set up a tent, and prepare the famous Argentine barbecue. You will enjoy the amazing meat cuts accompanied by our well known special Malbec wines. After a great meal, depending on the time of the year, we will set hammocks to relax before the afternoon shoot.
Our dove shooting program starts early in the morning with a complete breakfast, which provides fruit, cereal, toast, coffee, and eggs prepared according to your preferences. Your guide/host will arrive for breakfast and will talk to you about the hunting location, the guns, and the shells that will be used in the field that day. He will also give a safety speech on the first day of your hunt and will assist you in acquiring any/all accessories you could need. Around 8:00 am – 8:30 am, you will depart with your group to the field. Depending on location, it can be anywhere from a twenty-minute to a forty-minute car ride.
At your arrival, the field staff will be ready to take you immediately to your shooting blind. It will be an estimated three hours of shooting before lunchtime. The head guide will be available to assist and coach you if you so desire. Each guide is an experienced and qualified shot. They will be able to provide you with special coaching and tips to improve your accuracy.
At our daily location, we will set up a tent and prepare the famous Argentinean barbecue. You will immensely enjoy the cuts of meat prepared, accompanied by our well known Malbec wines. After a great meal, depending on the time of the year, we will set hammocks to relax before the afternoon hunt begins. In the evening, when everybody has finished shooting, we will return to the lodge for appetizers and drinks.
The personal field assistants are in their thirties and most of them have been working in the field for many years; this becomes apparent when you see them shooting. They work hard every day preparing your blind, carrying shells, shotguns, drinks, and stools to your spot. They are also responsible for cleaning the field and picking up all shells expended.
*Schedules can change depending on the time of year.
Gear and Equipment
- Shooting Clothes – Hunting shirts which are shades of green and brown are recommended. Camouflage clothing is optional. The weather is typically cool in the morning and evening, so packing a light sweater or jacket wouldn’t hurt. Hopefully, the weather will be exceptional while you’re here, however it rains quite often so bringing a rain jacket is a necessity.
- Ankle High Boots/Shoes – Lightweight, ankle-high boots/shoes work exceptionally well. A Gore-Tex breathing shoe, like the Rocky Boot, would be an excellent choice. There are quite a few thorny plants where you will be hunting. Keep this in mind when deciding on what footwear to bring.
- Safety Glasses – Your glasses should serve a dual purpose; protection from the sun and any debris that might fall from above. The green or yellow protective glasses that can be worn over regular glasses are optimal. They have a small side panel which protects against glare. You will be able to find them in most hunting/fishing supply stores.
- Ear Protection - This is perhaps the most important item on this list. The average hunter shooting dove here will shoot their gun anywhere from 500 – 3000 times a day. There are numerous varieties of ear protection on the market. You should look for comfort, fit, and sound deafening components.
- Lightweight Hat – A personalized hunting cap will be provided although we also recommend bringing a wide brimmed hat for better protection.
- Shooting Gloves – the volume of shooting is immense. You will need to protect your hands from the hot shotgun barrels, as well as any brush traversed through. Having gloves will also reduce the likelihood of nicks and blisters from reloading, breaking your gun(s) and activating safeties. Golf or batting gloves are a good substitute if you cannot find quality, sensitive leather shooting gloves.
- Shoulder Pad – We highly recommend the Caldwell Field Shield. It is ambidextrous for ease of use for all shooters. The 1/4-Inch thick energy-absorbing pad provides excellent protection for all shotguns.
- Small Field Bag – A small bag/backpack would be a good idea if you desire to bring any personal items to the field. A camera for example.
- Insect Repellant/Sunscreen – During our spring and summer season (September to March), bug repellant will keep those bothersome pests from driving you crazy. Sunscreen is a necessity. Our blinds are set up daily, depending on where the birds are flying. So you might be in the sun or in the shade.
- Camera - The area you will be hunting is exceptionally beautiful. We also offer a private service by a professional photographer. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Evening Dress- Clothing is casual. Slacks and sports shirts are all you need.
- Band-Aids/Tape/Medicinal cream - We have first aid kits in the field in case of an emergency. It’s a good idea to bring your own medical supplies, however. Antihistamine cream for bug bites, Neosporin for cuts, etc.
In case you need a little help, click here to find all these hunting supplies.
Most of our guns are semi-automatic Benelli 20 gauge and Beretta 20 gauge.
We have Benelli Montefeltro, Benelli M1 Black, Beretta Urika 391, Beretta A400 and Beretta A300.
We have Beretta silver pigeons 20 Gauge over and under. We also have a couple of Beretta silver pigeons 28 Gauge over and under and a couple of Browning 525 410 gauge for rental. Check for rental pricing on these guns.
They are all using guns like in all companies because of the big volume of shooting in Cordoba. That is why for a better service to our guest, our policy is to work with 2 shotguns per person per blind, so if you have jamming’s or miss fires, your filed assistant will be able to change your gun and take the other one to camp for a check or a cleaning. We would like you to understand that we work really hard to provide a great hunting service, but sometimes, shells could be working wrong or even a gun can get ammunition and get stacked, or a spring could be broken, or the firing pin could be broken.
Your field assistant will be taking good care of you on the blind and if by any reason your gun needs to be replaced, he will contact the head guide in the field personally or by radio to be sure you will have a great hunting experience.
Regarding chokes, we have mostly modified and IC, so please be sure to have your special chokes if you are planning to have something different, or be sure to let us know about your special request before your hunting trip.
Add duck hunt to your trip
We would like to offer our dove hunters in Cordoba the chance to add a couple of days of duck hunt during the season (May to August) with a quick flight in between the 2 lodges.
That's why this a great option if you are making a connection in Buenos Aires since the duck hunting lodge is only 2 hours away from Buenos Aires Airport.
Enjoy a great hunting experience combining the large volume of doves in Cordoba and the challenging duck shooting in Buenos Aires.
If you wish to travel by private charter we have some great options to offer you.
Contact us for further information.
The final destination for this hunting option is Cordoba City (COR)
The best connections are through Buenos Aires (Argentina), Santiago (Chile), Lima (Peru) and Panama City (Panama).
Ministro Pistarini International Airport (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Right now, 31 airlines operate out of Ministro Pistarini Airport in Buenos Aires.
Ministro Pistarini Airport offers nonstop flights to 51 cities.
Every week, at least 126 domestic flights and 833 international flights depart from Ministro Pistarini Airport.
Ingeniero Ambrosio Taravella International Airport (Cordoba, Argentina)
Right now, 9 airlines operate out of Ingeniero Ambrosio Taravella Airport.
Ingeniero Ambrosio Taravella Airport offers nonstop flights to 14 cities.
Every week, at least 273 domestic flights and 56 international flights depart from Ingeniero Ambrosio Taravella Airport.
Important airlines to be considered for international flights:
- Copa Airlines
- Latam Airlines
- Aerolineas Argentinas
The biggest airlines flying from Buenos Aires to Cordoba:
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- LATAM Airlines
When connections are through Buenos Aires (Argentina) you arrive at Ministro Pistarini Airport in Ezeiza and have to change airport to Aeroparque. It is a 40 minutes drive in between airports and up to 80 minutes in rush hours. We will organize your ground transportation in Buenos Aires to make it hassle free.- There are great connections to Buenos Aires from Miami, Dallas, Houston or Atlanta.
When connections are through Santiago (Chile) the connection will be at the same airport. The positive thing about Santiago is that you can sleep all night without a connection. The negative issue is that if you get delay there is only 1 or 2 flights a day to Cordoba.
When connections are through Lima (Peru) and Panama City (Panama) you will have to make connections in the evening and you will be arriving early in the morning and departure will be after midnight. It is positive that there are good rates on these flights.
Consider also private charters from Buenos Aires to Cordoba. We will be pleased to send you further info and budgets.
From Cordoba airport to The Lodge is 60 minutes drive.
Aerolineas Argentinas: 1 800 333 0276
Allowed Baggage: 1 piece of 15 kg (extra weight between 16 and 23 kg will cost about $20), 1 carry on of 5kg. An extra piece of 23kg will cost about $30
LATAM Airlines: 1 866 435 9526
Allowed Baggage: 1 piece of 23 kg, 1 carry on of 8k. An extra piece of 23 kg will cost about $40
In order to make the most of your stay here in this beautiful country, partnered with Beagle Tours, our sister company with amazing professionals that will be greatly happy to assist you if you are interested in doing some kind of non-hunting activity in Argentina.
Our focus is to offer our guests the type of travel experience they wish in terms of hotel accommodation, activities and city tours.
We work every day to satisfy the needs of sophisticated and luxurious travelers and guests, as well as small private groups of friends seeking for a mid-rate trip, and even larger groups planning to have an affordable and nice experience. We specialize in custom itineraries based on your group's wishes and budget keeping in mind that anything that your heart desires can be found in our country: From the award winning wine to the highest mountain in the western hemisphere, salt flats and even glaciers. Tourist attractions in Argentina offer something for every traveler.
Thus, if you feel like visiting the one and only Iguazu Falls, doing a wine tour in Mendoza province, amaze yourself navigating around the Glaciar Perito Moreno at the very end of the continent in Santa Cruz province, letting yourself go while you enjoy watching a Tango Show in Buenos Aires province, or you just simply need hotel reservations, please, contact Beagle Tours manager Vicky Fallotico at email@example.com and she’ll be glad to help you.
BACK TO TOP